You’re going to go nuts for this delicious Raw Nutty Berry Bars recipe from Combi in Byron Bay. It’s loaded with raw ingredients and natural goodness that will satisfy your hunger and sweet tooth at any time of the day. A word of warning though, once you start making these Raw Nutty Berry Bars at home, you might not be able to stop as they are absolutely highly addictive!
Have you eaten at Combi, Byron Bay yet? Since opening its doors a few months ago in downtown Fletcher Street, Combi has been drawing a steady crowd from all walks of life. On any given day you will see suntanned surfers wet from the ocean enjoying fresh Super Bowls for breakfast before work, Mums with prams in active wear grabbing an organic smoothie on the go throughout the day or ladies who lunch trying something new to see what all the fuss is about.
In my circle of foodie friends, Combi’s arrival was highly anticipated. This was in part because we agreed that there was plenty of room in the market for a fresh café in Byron Bay’s CBD serving delicious and nutritious, organic food to locals and tourists alike. But the main reason was because the Combi brand already had a stellar reputation. Combi, Byron Bay is in fact ‘Mark Two’ of the original Combi café, which has been operating in the seaside suburb of Elwood in Melbourne since 2008. We knew that they had a loyal foodie fanbase down there and so quickly started following their stunning Instagram account @wearecombi for news of their opening date in Byron Bay. They didn’t disappoint.
The menu at Combi, Byron Bay is based on locally sourced, organic ingredients. Combi aims to convince its customers that eating well doesn’t have to be bland or boring and that it can be delicious, nourishing, colourful and exciting.
I think this Raw Nutty Berry Bars recipe from Combi ticks all those boxes and I thank Penny and her team for sharing the recipe and the love!
Combi, Byron Bay
Shop 5b 21-25 Fletcher Street
Open 7 days for Breakfast and Lunch
- 24 dates soaked in warm water for at least 15 minutes to soften
- 1.5 cups Loving Earth coconut nectar
- 1.5 cups nut butter of your choice (peanut, almond, abc, pistachio)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup Loving Earth coconut oil (does not need to be melted)
- 1 cup Loving Earth goji berries
- Roughly chopped nuts such as almonds or peanuts
- ¼ cup Loving Earth coconut nectar
- ½ cup Loving Earth cacao powder
- 2 cups of melted Loving Earth coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Process all ingredients (EXCEPT goji berries) until smooth in a food processor. It is very thick, so may need stirring at points. Set aside. Once done stir in the goji berries.
- Whisk coconut nectar, cacao and salt through the coconut oil until glossy.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- You need 2 mould trays (these are trays with moulds the size of your bars)
- Place them onto a tray that will fit into your freezer.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the coating mixture and line the moulds.
- Put in freezer for 20mins.
- Take the tray out and put one spoon of filing into each hole. Sprinkle with 10 broken peanuts or almonds. Top each with the remaining coating mixture until each pod is full.
- Now freeze for 2-3 hours.
- This recipe makes two trays of bars