Have you tried The Mez Club in Byron Bay yet?
It’s a chic new venue serving Mediterranean inspired mezze plates, shish kebab, pizza and drinks. Sunset Sessions are happening every afternoon from 4.00pm – 6.00pm serving a selection of $10 cocktails and other sundowners.
This is The Mez Club’s Fisherman’s Eggs Recipe. It’s a mezze dish of Spanish sardines, with red capsicum, olives, lemon, oil, black pepper and parsley oven baked with an egg. The mezze dish is served with grilled Pita or Turkish Bread. #drooling
I’m told by The Mez Club that Cuca Sardines are the best to use and are available from Blue Bay Gourmet in the Byron Bay Arts and Industrial Estate, which has a retail section selling interesting Mediterranean ingredients.
You won’t find this Fisherman’s Eggs Recipe on the regular menu at The Mez Club but it may pop up as a special from time to time.
Happy cooking! Let me know how you go.
The Mez Club
Shop 4, 85-87 Jonson Street
Open 7 days from 12.00pm – 3.00pm and 4.00pm – 11.30pm
Daily Sunset Sessions from 4.00pm – 6.00pm
- 25g red onion, finely sliced
- 25g green olives, finely chopped
- 5g parsley, finely sliced
- 120g quality tinned sardines (Cuca Sardines are the best!)
- 10ml olive oil
- 100g sun dried tomato paste
- 20g red capsicum, finely sliced
- 25ml lemon juice
- Black pepper
- 5 eggs
- Drain excess oil from sardines and smash.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl (except the eggs!)
- Divide the mix between 5 small oven proof dishes.
- Crack a fresh egg over each of the dishes.
- Place in a hot oven (220 degrees Celsius) for approximately 7 minutes until egg is cooked to your liking.
- Serve with grilled Pita or Turkish bread.